Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2011

All things bright & beautiful



Woooo that's a big picture! anyway today we start the design team projects over at In Love With Stamping.  I have to admit I was a little scared of this technique challenge which is called 'caught in crystal'.  It's when you stamp an image onto a window sheet or acetate with permanent ink and cover the back of it with crystal effects glue and then smother it in glitter and or re-inkers and sandwich between another piece of acetate.  Fearful for my own safety (I never come off well when dealing with glitter lol!) I proceeded to give it a go.

Well shiver me timbers if I didn't have a great time and love the effect of the technique :D  Hope you can join in the fun too.

Supplies from Stampin' Up!
Stamps: growing green and occasional greetings. Ink: Black stazon, old olive and rose red. Card stock: rose red, crumb cake and whisper white. Paper: nursery suite DSP. Accessories: fine cosmo glitter. Other: acetate and sewing machine.

3 comments:

Aimes said...

Wowzers! That's a lot of sparkle! You've definitely brightened my dull day with this beauty! :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lynn said...

Holy moly...that glitter would scare me too...I'd have it all over the place for days; however, this card is stunning! Love that you rocked the technique!

Ann said...

Oh my goodness that sounds so complicated - I'm never good with glitter myself. But you have come up trumps Emma and mastered it. Its beautiful.